Thursday, September 30, 2010

Words of Wisdom

Ok we all know this person...the guy (or girl) who is in a relationship but who is constantly flirting with anything that has breasts and wears a skirt. We all wonder what the deal with that person is and I will tell you exactly what it is. They love the attention! Obviously the relationship is not satisfying them and they don't have the guts to end it, so they just take whatever they can get outside of it.

There is a guy from work who is like this. He is super flirty with me and sometimes I think he likes me. He calls to check up on me if I don't see him for awhile and we even meet for lunch from time to time. The guy has a girlfriend!!! I realize that doesn't say much about me that I like hanging around him and getting the attention from him. I have liked him for awhile, but I would never do anything about it while he is in a relationship. I have come to the point though where the whole thing bugs me so much that I would NEVER let anything happen. Still, I am way less than impressed with myself. I hate that I allowed someone to put me in a potentially compromising positon of my integrity AND my confidence. What kind of person does that to his girlfriend first of all, and then to a friend second. Then I come to find out that I am not the only girl that he is like this with! Are you kidding me! This just repulsed me! Needless to say I don't even have the desire to be his friend anymore.

So, to anyone who is in the position where they have feelings for someone who is in a relationship but is super flirty with you I say RUN! Don't let them in. Ya you can secretly fantasize that one day they will realize how wonderful you are and that the person of their dreams has been there the whole time. Just realize that they aren't the person of your dreams! How could they be? First of all they obviously haven't yet grown any balls and are still stuck in a junior high adolescence. Second, deep down inside you kow you feel bad for his girlfriend and that the whole situation is messed up. You and her deserve better than that! Besides, if he is gonna be like that with her then he will be like that with you too. You are better thant that! The man of your dreams will have eyes only for you!

Love love

No comments:

Post a Comment