Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why My Tummy Is Soooo Big

I think I gained 30 pounds today! Not really, obviously, but I sure feel like it. Let me give you a little overview of my day today so you understand. First you have to know that yesterday I was REALLY tired! I didn't sleep much on Sunday night...as you may tell from my blog that night. I think I got 2 1/2 hours...tops. I had to work at the hospital at 7am, which means that I have to be up 5 am if I wanna do my yoga. Needless to say I turned my snooze on until 6 am. I worked till 3 pm and then it was off to the restaurant. I start there at 4, so I got there around 3:30 and had something to eat. Then I started work and left there around 10:30. I was exhausted. I had just done an almost 16 hour day on hardly any sleep. I do a lot of days like that, but I usually have a little more sleep than that. Plus, I have been sick for a week and a half now so that didn't make it any better. So, by the time I got home I was overtired and couldn't sleep till just after 1 am. Now it is on to my actual day today.
Today I woke up at 11:25. Guess what time I had to work this morning. 11:00. So, I hopped in the shower, combed my hair and brushed my teeth. I was out the door at 11:40...without having anything to eat. Work was busy so I couldn't snack on anything. I finally got around to eating at 3:30. I was so starving by this time that I decided to order something super unhealthy and amazingly delicious! I put my order in for chicken parm (which I have commented on several times that it is the size of my head) with a side of radiatore alfredo and vegetables. When this thing came out it was HUGE! I totally porked on it. Oh the rich, creamy goodness that I could feel expanding my stomach with every bite. I worked for a few more hours and then met up with my roommate and a very good (also shockingly beautiful and teeny tiny) friend...for dinner! I wasn't very hungry and was feeling slightly bloated so I just helped out with the lemon pepper calamari and bread, and then I only ordered an 8 oz tenderloin. This tenderloin, though slightly overcooked, was so tender I could cut it with my fork. It was topped with a gooseberry demi glaze and was served with butter smooth mashed potatoes, carrots and green beans. Heaven! How could I possibly not eat the whole thing?! And, afterwards, how could I possibly not order pistachio gelato? My stomach has never been so satiated and yet so annoyed with me. It is screaming at me to go for a jog or something.

I have to admit that this whole overeating scenario is not a new thing for me. It's hard when you super love food, work in a restaurant that has amazing food, and know the hidden gems of Lethbridge. Yes, believe it or not but Lethbridge has some very different and wonderfully tasty places to eat...you just have to have the in. Oh ya, and I love to bake. I could honestly do it all day. There is something to be said about that whole thing regarding finding something you like to do and turning it into a career. If I could open up a bakery and actually make money at it I would be so happy. As it is I will just have to settle for making myself, my friends, and coworkers fat. It is actually amusing when I bring my baking into the hospital because I either get smiles and "yes!" or I get rolling eyes and "Callie I hate you!"

I say these things to myself though. When I wake up in the morning and make myself some peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough for breakfast I am saying "yay!," but then I have the day where I have a cookie breakfast followed by a cinammon bun lunch and then top it off with a butterscotch brownie supper and I say "Callie I hate you!" This kind of day also happened when I got home from my visit to Victoria and ate a whole pan of cinammon buns. My roommate and my same shockingly gorgeous friend I previously mentioned have both threatened to take my Kitchenaid away. Mostly because she dreads having to clean my roommate and I with a rag on a stick when we become so grossly obese that we cannot bathe ourselves!


My tasty cinammon buns and my kitchenaid...where all the magic is performed (I know the picture is sideways but I couldn't figure out how to turn it after I uploaded it and I couldn't delete it either to turn it first and then upload it again). I actually think my recipe book is open to the cookie dough brownie recipe I was going to make for breakfast the other day...alas I couldn't because I was out of M&Ms. My kitchenaid is one of my prized possessions. It is a 5 QT pro series with 10 speed control in licorice black. I'm one of those weird girls who get super excited about kitchen appliances. I love my kettle too...one of my favorite birthday presents (ya it is what I asked for).

Anyways, that is why my stomach is so big!

Love love






No comments:

Post a Comment