Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's official...I'm seeing things!

I have hit a whole new low with my baking. I ended up just getting a couple hours of sleep last night because I was too busy baking cinammon buns!

Whenever someone from work has a birthday or they quit I bake a special treat for them...whatever their favorite is. Well, Duane is leaving and he is one of my long time work pals (because we have both been there forever...and he's awesome), so I wanted to make him some cinammon buns. I started after work last night...around 11:30. I forgot to add the sugar to my yeast mixture but didn't figure that out till after a couple hours. I found myself at the gas station just down the street at 2am buying milk so I could start over again. I went to bed for a couple hours while they were rising and then I was up and back at it again. I let them rise a little longer than usual and they taste amazing! They literally just melt in your mouth!

Anyways, so at work today I was exhausted! I had this headache and pain behind my eyes, and I felt really lightheaded all day. Then around 6pm I was walking into the kitchen and I swore I saw someone in front of me. There was no one there!!! I had put my arms and knee up, my head down, and screamed (just a little scream). Man did I feel like an idiot when there was no one there.

Then I was bringing the bill and some mints up to one of my tables and I thought I was dropping one of the mints. I was scrambling to catch it, but when I looked they were all in my hand safe and sound. My table got a little show out of that!

So, now I am at home to have a little nap before wings tonight. I am so excited!!!

Love love 

1 comment:

  1. I just had to let you know that as I was reading this, Ryker rolled around to see where the music was coming from, and he's loving your blog. The background and sounds are making him giggle. Apparently, he is the king of everything tonight, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete