Friday, January 21, 2011

My 92 Year Old Crush



The man on the right is the real Major Winters. The other man, Damian Lewis, played Major Winters in Band of Brothers. Both men are studs! I fell in love with Damian Lewis first because he was the one I could see. I watched him charge onto open battle fields, strategize, care for his men, take things with humility and humor, and stand up for what is right. Also, when Band of Brothers first came out I didn't realize that Easy Company was a real company of sodiers. However, when I learned that Major Winters was a real man and that he actually did the things depicted in the mini series, I could hardly believe my heart. What a man he must be! It is hard to fathom his courage and bravery and his quick thinking in a time of utter chaos. My friend Courtney and I would watch the series and just swoon! Well our hero passed away on January 2, 2011.

It's sad to think that without an "entertaining" mini series of WWII most people wouldn't even know about all the brave men of Easy Company...or any company for that matter. We can't understand what it was like. I think that's so sad, and yet I am so grateful! I am grateful to all those who were so brave that I'm sure God saved them for just that purpose. Without them we wouldn't be living the lives that we do. It's sad that the ones who lived through it and can tell the stories are passing away. That was my favorite part of Band of Brothers...when they had the real men talk about their experiences and memories.

Anyways, this is just my way of saying goodbye and thank you!

Love love

1 comment:

  1. Callie! I just found your blog linked on Alisha's. You are just as beautiful as you were in high school!! I feel like I've got to know you through reading your entries and really wish I'd done it more in high school. You're great!

    ReplyDelete